2019 Teacher Tours
The Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom Program (MAITC) offers unique summer tours that allow educators to get a first-hand look into the world of agriculture. Resources, hands-on activities and interactive ideas for integrating agriculture in your curriculum will be discussed and shared. CEUs and graduate credits available.
- See, smell, hear, touch and taste the agriculture, food and natural resources that allow for our survival.
- Identify and acquire free agriculture-focused education resources from a wide variety of sources.
- Utilize resources and experiences gained to develop activities that apply authentic agricultural examples to teach core curricular concepts in science, social studies, language arts, math and health/nutrition.
- Develop a collegial group that offers professional support and endless opportunities to share resources, teaching techniques and ideas, and networking experiences.
Who should attend?
- Educators at all K-12 levels
- Administrators, Curriculum Directors
- Career and Guidance Counselors