How Did That Get in My Lunchbox?
One of the best parts of a young child's day is opening a lunchbox and diving in. But how did that delicious food get there? From planting wheat to mixing dough, climbing trees to machine-squeezing fruit, picking cocoa pods to stirring a vat of melted bliss, here is a clear, engaging look at the steps involve in producing some common foods. Health tips and a peek at basic food groups complete the menu.
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Agriculture Counts
- Edible Numbers
- Let's Go Shopping! (Grades 3-5)
- Nutritional Value of Fresh Produce
- Agriculture and Me
- FoodMASTER: Meal Management
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades 3-5)
- What's on MyPlate?
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades 3-5)
- My Farm Web (Grades 3-5)
- Animal or Plant?
- Let's Go Shopping! (Grades K-2)
- Who Grew My Soup? (Grades K-2)
- My Farm Web (Grades K-2)
- A Day Without Agriculture (Grades 3-5)
- Food Miles
- Homegrown in Your State: Fruits and Vegetables
- Cheesemaking: From Liquid to Solid
- A Day Without Agriculture (Grades K-2)
- Understanding MyPlate (Grades K-2)
- Cultures, Food, and Communities Around the World (Grades K-2)