Board Member Information
MAITC Foundation Board of Directors members
Two year term starting July 2018 and ending July 2020.
Terms are renewable up to three terms.
The Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom program shall promote understanding and awareness of the importance of agriculture.
Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation Goals
- Secure program fiscal contributors for general operating needs, programs and special projects;
- Provide leadership and broad-based advocacy for education about agriculture;
- Support and assist educators in the task of helping young people and others develop an understanding and awareness of the importance of agriculture;
- Provide learners with a foundation for becoming “conversationally literate” of agriculture in Minnesota, the nation and world;
- Provide leadership, coordination and collaborationfor PreK-16+ learners by developing and marketing agriculture-related educational materials, programs and teacher training opportunities;
- Provide quantifiable and qualitative evaluation of goals and educational materials and programs; identify and implement such instruments and disseminate results as needed and appropriate;
- Continue as a respected public/private partnership and maintain non-profit, 501(c)(3) education status for the program.
- Know the organization’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, strengths and needs
- Attend all quarterly meetings (typically, September, December, March and June);
Meeting dates and times are determined collectively by the board of directors,
- Ask timely and substantive questions while supporting the majority decision;
- Suggest agenda items periodically for board and committee meetings to ensure that significant policy related matters are addressed.
- Understanding of the current diverse agricultural industry.
- Passion for promoting agricultural literacy.
Interested parties should send a statement of interest form (listed below) to the foundation describing their qualifications to serve on the MAITC Foundation Board of Directors by June 1, 2018. At the annual meeting, (July 2018) the nomination slate will be voted on and ratified.
Interested individuals should contact:
Chair, Minnesota Ag in the Classroom Foundation
Nominating Committee Chair
Executive Director of MAITC Foundation