2017 Summer Teacher Tours
The Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom Program (MAITC) offers a unique annual summer tour that allows educators to get a first-hand look into the world of agriculture. Resources, hands-on activities and interactive ideas for integrating agriculture as a context for achieving academic standards at all levels will be discussed and shared. CEUs and graduate credits available.
Specialty Crop Tour
8:00 am – 4:30 pm July 17th & 18th
More detail »
Many Faces of Agriculture Tour
This is an overnight tour! 8:00 am Monday July 24th – 4:00 pm Tuesday July 25th
More detail »
Northern MN Tour
details to come....
- Learn about agriculture first in the classroom and then culminate this experience by going on field trip to a working crop and/or livestock farm.
- See, smell, hear, touch and taste the agriculture, food and natural resources that allow for our survival.
- Identify and acquire free agriculture-focused education resources from a wide variety of sources.
- Experience cutting edge agriculture and interact with some of the many faces of today's agriculture.
- Utilize resources and experiences gained to develop activities that apply authentic agricultural examples to teach core curricular concepts in science, social studies, language arts, math and health/nutrition.
- Develop a collegial group that offers professional support and endless opportunities to share resources, teaching techniques and ideas, and networking experiences.
Who should attend?
- Educators at all K-12 levels
- Administrators, Curriculum Directors
- Career and Guidance Counselors